Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's been a while, but I'm a busy Yellow dog

I know it's been a while since I had a chance to get my paws on the keyboard, but I've been a pretty busy Yellow Dog this last month. The Food Guy and I have had lots of big adventures lately. I'll do my best to fill y'all in while the Food Guy takes a break from all the work he's been doing between our adventures. As you can see from the pics, we've been up to our old tricks of traveling every chance we get. Food Guy has been pretty busy during the week working on his dissertation and getting job applications out. The biggest news we have on that front is that Food Guy has an interview with Montana State coming up at the end of the month. He's pretty excited because this is pretty much his dream job. It's in the English department in what looks like a pretty amazing place to live-Bozeman Montana. I think a Yellow Dog could have a pretty good time in a place like that. I hear it snows a lot, and y'all know I really dig the snow- hee hee pun intended. I know, I know, bad joke. But , hey it was too easy. We also found out today that one of papers the Food Guy wrote got accepted for publication. Now, that won't buy me any dog bones, but it does go a long way to getting him a job, which means money to buy dog bones and go on trips. I like that.

In other news, we went to the ATL a few weeks ago, so Food Guy and Reeve could do the annual suffer-fest that is the Mystery Mountain Marathon. Check out the elevation profile on this bad boy:

I'm glad I got to stay at Reeve and Rinne's to hang out with Java and the rest of the doggie crew that day. That's not a run for a Yellow Dog. The boys turned in a good time and we're quite pleased with themselves when they got home.

Our next adventure was the most amazing day of trail running and hiking in the Cohuttas. The views there are amazing. I had so much fun running up and down the trail. It was awesome. I think that's my new favorite place. Check out these views:

There was even Rhyme on the trees up at the top of the mountain off the tearbritches trail. It was quite possibly one of the most beautiful places Food Guy and I have ever been.

Reeve and the Food Guy had planned on running a 50K, but that got canked because Reeve and Rinne's baby showed up a little early on the early side. That was a pretty wild story. I'll spare you the details, but Rinne woke Food Guy up at 3:30 am to drive them to the hospital a couple of Saturday nights ago. Crazy little baby Pearse wanted to get out in the world. So, I looked at them like they were crazy for getting up at the hour and went back to sleep. A few days later little Pearse showed up and Food Guy's an Uncle. Rinne was cool enough to tell Reeve and Food Guy to go to the race the next weekend for a bit even though she and Pearse had just come home from the hospital the night before the race. Everyone was so happy that she was healthy and home that Reeve and Food Guy happily cut their run short to get Reeve back home.

We also made a trip up to Tallulah and Panther Creek this week. This place is always a good spot to go for a walk in the woods. There are lots of open spaces where I can sprint around like a crazy dog. Check me out doing my best crazy wolf impression.

Well, I'm kind of tired now. Thinking about all of our adventures has worn me out a little bit. Plus, Food Guy just came back over the computer and he wants to do some more work. Somebody should tell that guy to go to sleep. I tried to tell him, but he keeps saying something about having to get his dissertation written, so we can go back out West for some more adventures this summer. Y'all keep your fingers crossed for us on the job front.

No comments: