Saturday, July 25, 2009

Manual Labor Anyone?

The Food Guy and I have had a pretty nice week just chillin' out here in Athens. Food Guy got some good work done, and I got lots of couch time in. We've spent lots and lots of time watching The Tour on TV in the mornings. That was followed by some good walks on our trails before the Food Guy headed out for his ride each day. We've spent the last couple of days at the Food Guy's Major Professor's (Bob) house working on a porch. Well, the Food Guy and Bob worked while I hung out on the porch with the Bob's dog Sage. Sage is a cool old dog. He's a pretty good lookin' fella. I'll have to get the Food Guy to get a picture of us to post sometime. He looks like me only smaller and he has a white blaze on his doghead. Sage is really chill. He mostly sleeps but he plays with me a little bit and lets me play with all of his toys while he sleeps.

It's been a pretty fun time. I like watching the Food Guy work. He cracks me up. He smashes his thumb once in a while just to make me laugh. I think it's good for him to do a little manual labor sometimes. I think it helps him to remember why he likes writing and sitting around drinking coffee so much. Plus, I think it's good for the Food Guy and Bob to work on stuff outside of school. They seem to have a lot of fun talking about baseball instead of school stuff. You can't really get to know someone if all you ever talk about is academic stuff. We do have to let it slide that Bob is a Phillies fan, though.

Well, I'm tired out from playing with my new buddy Sage and watching the Food Guy work, so I'm going back to sleep. Besides, we have to get up early to watch the last stage of the Tour get started before we head over to Bob's to finish up the porch. Y'all have a good one.

No comments: