Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holidays, Snow, and Heat

Hey, everybody. The Food Guy finally got us a real heat source. Check it out:











I'm pretty happy about this because it's ridiculously cold up here.
Y'all know I'm a Georgia boy, and I'm just not used to all this cold weather.
Have to say that I'm a pretty big fan of it though. Now we don't have to drive anywhere to go hiking in the snow. Check out our first good snow of the season.
















It's still coming down, so we oughta have more in the morning. I hope we do, 'cause the Food Guy promised to take me on a cool hike tomorrow afternoon once the roads thaw out a little.


It's been a pretty busy couple of weeks around here. The Food Guy and I went down to the Lake for Thanksgiving. It was a great trip. We went for a few good runs down at Lake Norman State park, and he a lot of Turkey. I got a pretty good supply of dog bones while I was there, so I was happy. Then, his sister and brother in law came to visit Camp Z on their way home.













Dennis talked the Food Guy into finally buying a guitar. I don't mind because that means I get to spend more time laying on the floor inside with the Food Guy after we finish our outside activities every day. It's a pretty sweet guitar. Check it out.












I just hope he learns to actually play a song on it before too long. I got to spend most of last week hanging out with Alabama Star. The Food Guy had to go to Texas for a conference. They don't let dogs go to these conferences, which I think is pretty weak. But, that's OK, hanging with Alabama is always a good time. She's so much fun to play with. She let me play with all of her toys.

The Food Guy said he had a pretty good trip. The conference kept him busy, but he got a few urban runs in. I'm not sad I missed them. I don't really like running in the city. I'm a trail dog, you know.

I spent most of the day today sleeping inside while the Food Guy went to the App State playoff game. A buddy of his played at App back in the day, so he got them passes to watch the game from a VIP skybox. It sounds pretty swanky. They even got to go into the locker room after the game to hear the post-game coaches speech and all of that jazz. Sounds pretty cool. It ain't SEC football, but it's still pretty cool. Mostly, I think he was happy to see some of his Athens friends. They stayed with us last night, and it's always good to have some company out here at Camp Z.

Well, I'm gonna run. The Food Guy wants to go outside and move some firewood around, and I have snow to play in. See ya later. Keep warm, y'all.


No comments: