Sunday, July 25, 2010

Time for another Lake Vaca

After a nice little run at the Greenway trails this morning, the Food Guy and I loaded up the mobile dog house and cruised down to the lake. He has to go to a conference in Denver (yeah, I know rough place for him to have to go right?), so I'm going to be chillin' at the lake for the week. I have to say that I'm pretty excited about my little vacation. We've been going at it pretty hard since we moved up to Boone. The Food Guy and I managed to hit the trails for a run almost every day again this week and still squeeze in evening bouldering sessions up in Blowing Rock. I really do like that place a lot. There are so many cool things for me to run around and smell. And there are usually a couple of other people there who let me take rest on their crash pads with them. On Friday night we brought my doggie friend Alabama and her Food Guy (Greg) with us. She had never been there before, so I showed her all the cool stuff while the food guys climbed around on the rocks. Greg hadn't been climbing in years, but you would have never known it from watching him climb. He hasn't lost a step at all. The Food Guy didn't shoot any photos because we got up there pretty late and there wasn't much light left. In fact, it was almost completely dark by the time we got back to the truck.

We took yesterday off from running, and I laid around the house while the Food Guy mowed the grass. I was getting a little bored, so we headed up to Blowing Rock last night at 6 to get one last day of climbing in before we left town. It was a really nice, laid back evening, and I mostly just hung out and watched the Food Guy while he climbed.

I'll be pretty happy to spend most of this week on the couch eating dog bones, but I'll be ready for more adventures after my little rest. I'll try to get the Food Guy to do a guest spot or two while he's on his trip. But, he'll probably be working most of the week, so I don't know if he'll have anything fun to report. Well, if I know him he'll find some way to get some adventuring in on this trip. He's pretty crafty at turing working trips into adventures. Plus, can you really expect him to work a full week after not doing any work all summer? I doubt it. The smart money is on him finding a way to do some running and get up to Boulder to hike around somewhere.

No comments: