Thursday, July 29, 2010

Food Guy Travel Guest Spot 1: Denver

Hey, all. I'm in Denver for a conference this week, and I promised Yellow Dog that I'd fill in for him on the blogospehere. This trip is my first conference since I moved on from being a Doc Student, and I have to say life as a college professor is pretty sweet. I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Denver, and the accommodations are pretty over the top. There's a freakin' telephone in the bathroom. Check it out:











I mean, seriously! Who needs a phone by the john? Totally unnecessary! You know what isn't unnessary? The gigantic TV that I've been watching ESPN on from my comfy bed:









Pretty sweet, eh? The room is pretty nice. It rained a little yesterday afternoon, but the result was a cool rainbow outside my window:









I'm telling you- I lead a seriously charmed life. My colleagues who came out here with me are so much fun. Traveling with them has been a great way to get to know them and to get the feel of my new department. I knew for sure that we'd get along great when they decided that we should go to the Rockies game last night. I've never been to Coors field, so I was way into going. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them, drinking a beer, and watching a good baseball game.









The conference has been pretty good so far. The speaker yesterday was great, and I actually learned a whole lot of cool stuff. Today's speaker was pretty lame, and I was getting pretty bored this morning. I wasn't sure what my new colleagues were thinking, but I got my answer when they said we should skip out after lunch and head up to Boulder to go hiking at the Flatirons. How cool is that? I have the best job in the world. I gotta get some sleep, so I'll save our hiking story for tomorrow.

My dad says Yellow Dog is having a good time sleeping on the couch at the lake. I'll be sure to check in on him tomorrow and give y'all an update.

4 comments:

Johnson Hack said...

This post is extremely radiant. I extremely like this post. It is outstanding amongst other posts that I ve read in quite a while. Much obliged for this better than average post. I truly value it! thy uçak bileti

Johnson Hack said...



Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side?albania tourism

lisa said...

I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming.visit albania

Johnson Hack said...

I would add you could check on line for the consulate of your home country in the countries you wish to visit, they usually have tips for travelers, give advice on any local scams etc.Excursion Punta Cana