Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Looks Like We Get To Stay

Well, it looks like the Food Guy and I get to stay in Athens for another year. The Food Guy defended his Comprehensive Exams this morning, and he said things went great. I wasn't really worried about it. That guy has spent so much time reading and writing lately that I don't see how he could have done anything but pass, but I guess you never know. Anyway, I'm pretty psyched that he's done with all that. Now, hopefully we'll have more time to play outside.

Yesterday was a bit on the crazy side though. Right after Food Guy emailed off a bunch of grades and notes to one of the professors he works for, his computer crashed. And I mean crashed. The thing was totally fried! Wouldn't do anything. He took it to the Apple Store (I didn't get to go, but I didn't mind since I needed to catch up on SportsCenter- I'd missed the morning show). Anyway, he had to send the thing back to Apple so they can try to fix it. Good thing Food Guy is OCD about backing his files up. Our buddy Eric lent him a computer, so he was able to get all his notes ready for the defense today. All's well that ends well.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully Food Guy will take me for a good run and a hike. Our next big adventure is coming up in a couple of weeks. We're heading to Amicalola Falls so the Food Guy can do a writing workshop. He's going to write his prospectus for his dissertation. I get to go too! It's gonna be awesome. A week in a cabin in the woods. I'll get to sleep on the porch while the Food Guy writes. Plus, we'll get to go for a long run every morning on the Approach Trail to the AT. Should be great!

No comments: