Monday, November 3, 2008

A Bad Day for a Dawg and a Good Run


It was kind of a rough week for me and the food guy. First, I had to go back to the vet because my tail isn't healing so quickly. Now, I have to wear this crazy collar because I've been chewing on that stupid spot on my tail. The infection is gone, but it still itches so I was chewing on it. The Food Guy is making me wear this collar that keeps me from chewing on it. I don't like it at all. But at least my friend Java the dog will still hang out with me. 

I got that collar on Friday and, well things just got a little worse from there. See, the Dawgs went down to Jacksonville to play the hated Gators, and well, unless ya'll live under rocks you know what happened. The Food Guy and I don't really want to talk about it. So, that's about all the SEC Football talk you'll get out of me this week. Ok, I can't resist a little. First of all- Urban Meyer is a jerk, and I hate losing to Florida. There's nothing I'd like to see more than Bama kicking Florida's trash in the SEC Championship. That's right, I said it. Roll Tide! Even the Food Guy is gonna cheer for Bama, and he hopes Jen and all the Bama fans out there will get to do their "We Just Beat The Hell Outta You" chant at the Georgia Dome in December. If the Dawgs aren't gonna win a National Championship, it might as well be Bama.

Anyway, I know ya'll are looking for some redleg-blackleg pants stories, so here goes. On Saturday morning Food Guy and I loaded up in my rolling dog house and rolled to the ATL to Reeve and Corinne's house. Food Guy and Reeve started the day off putting some insulation in the house. 

 It was pretty funny seeing the Food Guy working in those stupid pants. Insulation is some nasty stuff, so I just chilled outside with my boy Java and the rest of the pack at Reeve and Rin's kennel. They have four dogs. It's pretty cool. If Zozo and Sug had been there it would have been even better than the Dog Park! 

Next the people went over to a friend of Reeve's house to watch the Game. Yeah, did I mention I don't want to talk about the Game? Well,  I don't. It was ugly! Anyway, Food Guy said Reeve's buddy, David, is grillmaster. He apparently can grill some awesome ribs. I wouldn't know 'cause I don't get to eat people food, but I could smell them when they got back and they smelled good. David is an Auburn fan. I know Auburn. Seriously, who actually admits to being an Auburn Fan?! Sad, really, Well, at least he's a loyal fan. He sticks by them even though they're terrible. Check out his get-up. He wears it by choice, by the way. 

You can't see it in this picture, but he even has an Auburn quarterback towel hanging from his belt. Crazy! But, homeboy can grill, and he's a riot. Plus, he makes my Food Guy look stylish in his silly pants by comparison. Well, after they finished watching the Gators beat the snot out of the Dawgs (Don't worry we'll get 'em back next year! Go Dawgs! Sic 'em! Woof, Woof, Woof and all that), the people came back to Reeve and Rin's so Reeve and Food Guy could get some sleep. Food Guy and Reeve had trail marathon to run in the morning.

Sunday morning came early. I had to get up at 5 am. I know, right? Who gets up at 5 am by choice? Food Guy and Reeve are sick in the head. But, I didn't complain too much. I got to eat a bowl of tasty dog food and go back to sleep.

Corinne was nice enough to get up that early too and go work one of the aid stations at this crazy race. She even took some photos of Reeve and the Food Guy at the race. Food Guy said the race was awesome. It was his first marathon, so he was pretty psyched. He knew he'd do pretty well 'cause he'd been running everyday with Dawan for a while now. That works out well for me since that means I get to go running everyday too. I was pretty proud of the Food Guy. He and Reeve came in at 5 hours and 12 minutes. 13th Place. Not too shabby considering the trail had 14,000 (yes, I said 14 thousand) feet of elevation gain. Silly! It was called the Mystery Mountain Marathon, and this lady Janice who designed the course is an Evil Genius. You want to go do a sick run? Find a course that Janice lays out. Food Guy said it was one of the hardest things he's ever done. But he and Reeve looked like they had a lot of fun. They were both smiling at the finish. Food Guy even took me for a long walk this morning.

Food Guy and Reeve are already planning their next crazy run. There's talk of doing a 50K next. Plus Food Guy, Elisha, and Dawan are going to run a road marathon in March to try to get a qualifying time for the Boston Marathon, so that means I'll still get to go running all the time. Can somebody tell the Food Guy to start giving me a little more food? I mean, for real, a dog who's actually training for a marathon needs to eat. I'm glad I don't have to go on all the runs though. I don't like to run more that 13 miles. Well, I'll do 15, but that's where I draw the line. Running in the Southeast is awesome. Check out the views you can see if you go running around here:

Pretty sweet, huh? That's one of the views Food Guy and Reeve got to see while they were running Sunday. They didn't really have time to stop and check out the views, so they took this picture after the race. Well, that's about all that happened this week. I'll keep ya'll posted on how my tail's doing. Hopefully, I won't have to wear this stupid collar much longer. It makes it kind of hard for me to move around, and some dogs laugh at me. Plus the Food Guy doesn't really want to pay the Vet's rent anymore, so my tail HAS to heal soon. 

Ya'll have a good week. I'll give you an update later this week on my tail. Hopefully, Food Guy will get all his work done so we can go hiking sometime this week. I want to get out of the house! 

No comments: