Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow in Athens!

What a crazy day yesterday! Food Guy and I got up in the morning and drove to Gwinett to help some friends pack a moving truck. It was raining like crazy- again, and they were calling for snow. Snow in Georgia? Really?! Food Guy said he didn't think it would happen, so we were planning to go for an afternoon hike on the AT. Well, the snow came like crazy, so we just went back to Athens. Glad we did, 'cause we never would have made it back if we didn't come home when we did.

It started snowing around 12 and it was still snowing went we went to bed last night. I've never seen that much snow before. In fact, I've never actually seen snow fall from the sky. It was so cool. I ran around catching it in my mouth. Good thing I have a fur coat and I don't get ice cream headaches! Food Guy says he hasn't seen that much snow since he left the mountains and moved to Athens. 

I think he was glad we didn't have to go anywhere. Instead we just went outside and played in the snow. It was so much fun. Lots of people from the neighborhood were out. Everyone was throwing snowballs, which was great for me 'cause I like to catch snowballs. I think I ate 50 snowballs yesterday. 


I got to play with lots of people and even another dog.

Most of our friends here in Athens lost power, but we didn't ever lose power for very long. One of our friends gave us some candles in case the power did go out, but we only needed them for a few minutes. We got lucky. We even had internet! Crazy huh?
 
Food Guy and I got up this morning and walked around to look at all the trees that fell down last night. It was kind of icy out, which I didn't like too much. I like the soft snow. I heard my buddy Zozo took a spill on the ice this morning while she was out walking with Jen and Sug. Poor Zozo. I'll have to be careful out there. Anyway, the fallen trees are pretty crazy. Our trails are totally blocked by fallen trees, and the road going back to the trails is blocked by a bunch of trees. We even had a huge tree break right outside our back door. Check it out:

Well, they called off school today, so there aren't any classes or anything. But, Food Guy still has to write. They didn't call off comprehensive exams, so I'd better let him have the computer back. I'm sure we'll go back and play some more before the snow melts. Y'all have a good one. 


No comments: