Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Relaxing while the Food Guy Finishes Some Editing

Hey, y'all. It's been a pretty quiet week around here. The Food Guy is just about finished with his dissertation. He finished putting all the chapters together in one document the other day, and he does seem pretty happy with himself for getting this thing written. You should have seen the smile on his face when he printed the full draft of that thing out. I'm pretty happy too. Now that he's done we can spend more time outside. He's been sitting at this desk pretty much non-stop for a while. Well, I say non-stop, but we've been getting up early and running every morning and he still takes me for 3 or 4 walks during the day. But, we haven't had any real adventures to speak of this week. Mostly I've just been laying around watching him work and playing with my toys.









We have some good adventures coming up though. The Food Guy has to send the full draft of his dissertation to Bob at the end of the week, and then he will have a whole week before he gets it back from him. Since we don't have anything we have to do here in Athens, we are going back up to Boone to look at some more houses. We found a really sweet looking place about 30 minutes from campus that has four acres right near the Watauga River. It looks pretty good on-line. Hopefully it'll look good when we go check it out. I'd love to have some real woods right outside. I'm pretty tired of having to walk around all the cars and trifling city dogs here in Athens. I'll let y'all know if it looks like a good place for a dog to live. As long as it has room for my bed and a comfy couch, you know I'm going to like it. I'm pretty easy to please. Well, y'all have a good rest of the week. I'm gonna get back to napping. I'm a little tired from my run this morning, and I gotta rest up for tomorrow.

No comments: